Monday, June 4, 2007

Monday Game Notes

Despite the fact that Roger Clemens start was pushed back to next Saturday, I still ventured over to the White Sox vs. Yankees game. A couple of quick notes:

- It was interesting to see Jermaine Dye and Bobby Abreu playing RF in the same stadium due to the trade speculation. I was sitting two rows behind where they were playing. At one point Abreu was resting along the wall and I almost got up to ask him if he liked playing at U.S. Cellular but I decided against it.

- I can tell you one thing. DeSalvo is not the answer. He was called up from Triple-A to start and was essentially KOed in the second inning. They did not waste any time shipping him back to Triple-A, it happened only about an hour after the game.

- I know I keep saying it but watch out for Paul Konerko. It wasn't that he hit a homerun or that he was 3 for 4 but rather it was when he rounded third after the homerun and slapped hands with the third base coach. The expression on their faces told me he was back. Sounds strange, but there was something about it.

- Jon Garland pitched well but there wasn't anything about the outing that jumped off the page at me.

- Just as a side note, there were two people sitting behind me talking about an A-Rod to the Sox trade and I'd like to point out that a trade to the Dodgers makes much more sense. The trade they were discussing was A-Rod for Buehrle and Crede. Not in a million years.