Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Mail Bag

Question: I have three open slots on my 10 team NL only keeper league. For those slots I have three players who I could keep at near their value in the open market (i.e. if I threw them back, I'd probably price them about what I can freeze them for.) So the question is: Is it better to have roster flexibility or cost certainity? Assume a league with smart owners who will be prepared. This means there are minimal hopes for "sleeper" candidates going undetected.


MLBFO Answer: In order to fully evaluate the question, I would need to know the specifics, however, on the surface the solution seems fairly simple. If you are sure that you could get these players back for around the price you have them at now or cheaper if you tossed them back, then by all means toss them back and see if you can get a better value in the open market. However, if you feel there is a chance that these players will go for significantly more than you currently hold them at or if you feel that under no circumstance could you improve your team by tossing them back, then hold onto them.

I hope this helps Kirk! If anyone else has a question please feel free to email it to me and I will get back ASAP!