Saturday, February 24, 2007

Q&A

I recently had the chance to talk to an old friend I used to play fantasy baseball with. He had a question for me regarding a new league he joined. The league we had played in together was head to head and he had just joined a roto league and wanted to know how to adjust his strategy.

Q: "I just joined a few rotos this year and was wondering if u wanted to give me some advice?"

A: I'd say thats its basically the same as head to head so your drafting strategy shouldnt change that much, but, in head to head leagues, there is an emphisis on getting star power while in roto leagues there is an emphisis on balance. This is why: In head to head leagues you have to beat try to win categories every week in order to beat your opponent, however in roto if you finish third in the league in every category over the course of the season, you will most likely win. So all in all, you're drafting strategy should not change that much but make sure you draft a very balanced team and a deep team. That talent off the bench is going to be very valuable.

I hope that helped! Do you have a question? Email me at: stew0610@ameritech.net and I will be happy to answer it for you!